Upcoming USA Archery Coaching Certification Classes
Archery Instructors and Coaches are the foundation of USA Archery’s grassroots programs, and athlete development pipeline. Obtaining your certification not only provides you with valuable knowledge and hands-on skills, but also boosts the marketing value of your program. Instructor and Coach Certifications are recognized by both USA Archery and the National Field Archery Association.
Level 1 Instructor: A Level 1 Instructor is most closely associated with a “grassroots” program that is short-term in scope and focused on introducing basic archery skills to beginners. Such programs would include: camps, Scouting, 4-H, and Parks and Recreation.
- Course content: Range safety, range set-up, basic equipment setup and repair, and how to teach the basic steps of shooting.
Length of Course: 4-12 hours
- Prerequisites**: Minimum age: 15
- Certification period: Three years
- Level 1 Course is not required to attend the Level 2 Course
Level 2 Instructor: A Level 2 Instructor works with a more established archery program such as J.O.A.D., A.S.A.P., college clubs and local clubs with a strong beginner component. Level 2 Instructors are also certified to teach Level 1 courses. Current Level 2 Instructors with a successful background screen are eligible for insurance benefits.
- Course Content: Basic shooting steps, introduce intermediate shooting steps, safety, range set-up; equipment setup and repair, fitting equipment to an archer, how to teach archery and how to teach a Level 1Instructor Course.
- Prerequisites: Minimum age: 18, USA Archery or NFAA membership (See Membership Details), Successful background screen, successful completion of SafeSport training.Please note: No certification will be processed without membership and a successful background screen.
- Certification period: Three years.