About Atlantic Cape Community College:
- A comprehensive nonprofit publicly-supported educational institution
- Serves Atlantic and Cape May counties in New Jersey
- Enrolls just over 8,000 credit students
- Originally named Atlantic Community College
- Second community college in New Jersey (1964)
- Officially became a joint college with Cape May County January 1, 1999
- Renamed Atlantic Cape Community College February, 1999
- Mays Landing Campus on 541 acres in the picturesque New Jersey Pinelands
- Atlantic Cape is 15 miles west of Atlantic City’s boardwalk
- 45 miles from Philadelphia
- 115 miles from New York City
Atlantic Cape Community College is:
- Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, 267-284-5000
- Approved for veterans’ educational benefits.
- The American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers, though not an accrediting agency, has given Atlantic Cape an “A” rating which indicates that the credits for Atlantic Cape students transferring to other institutions should be given full value.
- The Culinary Arts programs are accredited by the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation Accrediting Commission.
- The Hospitality Management program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration.
- The Nursing program is accredited by the N.J. Board of Nursing and the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc.
- The Respiratory Care Program, offered in cooperation with the Rutgers: School of Health Related Professions, is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs for Respiratory Care. Upon successful completion of the program, students receive a joint Associate in Applied Science degree from Atlantic Cape and Rutgers: School of Health Related Professions.
- The Paralegal programs have the approval of the American Bar Association.
- The Surgical Technology Program, offered through the continuing education department, is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education programs.
- Approved education provider for Counseling Skills in Addiction Counseling as prescribed by Addiction Professionals Certification Board of N.J.
- A charter member of Psi Beta, the National Honor Society in Psychology for Community and Junior Colleges. Psi Beta is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies and is an affiliate of the American Psychological Association and the American Psychological Society.